Book Miss Rodeo America for Your Event
When you book Miss Rodeo America for an appearance in your community, remember that she is anxious to please you and is willing to do those things that will promote Professional Rodeo, your sponsors, the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association and your special activity and events. Miss Rodeo America represents the interests of Professional Rodeo and the Western Way of Life. She is well versed on the Sport of Professional Rodeo, horsemanship skills, appropriate appearance, pleasing personality and is an excellent public speaker. We have made available an MRA Appearance Request form to print and submit your request for scheduling Miss Rodeo America at your event. We will make every effort to accommodate your request.
POSSIBLE ACTIVITIES INVOLVING MISS RODEO AMERICA
Media Coverage can be provided in a variety of ways. Schedule well in advance and provide press kits.
1. Press conference to announce arrival of MRA.
2. Interviews—TV, Radio, Newspapers.
3. Talk Shows—TV and Radio (guests are often scheduled months in advance).
4. Local Chamber of Commerce and company news bulletins.
5. Local Hispanic Chamber of Commerce appearances.
Community Appearances can be arranged quite easily if requests are made early.
1. Grade school classroom visits (Call the Principal for permission).
2. Junior and Senior High School assemblies or room visits.
3. Junior and Senior High School Football and Basketball games (have Miss Rodeo America introduced to the crowd).
4. Visits to Special Needs Schools.
5. Visits to Senior Citizen groups - may want her to speak.
6. Speaking engagements at Civic Groups (Kiwanis, Rotary, Lions, etc.).
Autograph Parties or Sessions can be held in a variety of places.
1. Western Apparel Stores
2. Shopping Centers or Malls
Rodeo and/or Fair Activities offer many ways to use Miss Rodeo America.
1. Appearance in parades.
2. Grand Entry at rodeos.
3. Running cattle out of the arena during the rodeo.
4. Appearance at cooking contests and other such activities as a PR representative.
State Pageants and Local Queen Contests offer good opportunities to use Miss Rodeo America.
1. Arrange meeting with contestants for pointers from Miss Rodeo America on the following:
—Appearance: Attractiveness, Grooming, Photogenic Quality, Poise and Posture, Knowledge of Proper Western Attire.
—Horsemanship skills: Control, Balance, Position.
—Personality: Intelligence, Conversational Ability, Making Speeches, Impromptu Questions, Self Projection, Promptness, Appearance.
2. Use Miss Rodeo America to assist in Master of Ceremonies duties at pageants and contests, etc.
1. Choose your program of activities and arrange schedule details ahead of time.
ARRIVAL OF MISS RODEO AMERICA FOR APPEARANCE
1. Upon her arrival, give Miss Rodeo America a detailed schedule of her activities during her stay there. She needs to plan her wardrobe and study notes for promos, speeches, etc.
2. Advise MRA about transportation arrangements so she can be on time for all her appearances.
3. Be straight-forward in explaining your requirements of her. She will do her best job when she knows exactly what is expected of her.
4. If MRA stays with a family instead of in a hotel/motel, please limit her participation in family activities.
1. Round trip air fare. Air fare will be shared equally when multiple bookings are involved.
2. Automobile mileage at $1/mile for any part of the trip.
3. $150.00 per day appearance fee; Plus $25.00 booking fee.
4. All meals and lodging for Miss Rodeo America during her stay will be paid by your organization, including $15.00 per diem on travel days only.
5. Receipt for airport parking, meals, shuttle or taxi service will be submitted following appearance for payment.
6. $100.00 charge to cancel Appearance Agreement and/or Contract.
7. Any requested change in appearance dates and/or cancellation of contract made after flight arrangements have been arranged will result in a $50.00 office charge plus the cost of changing the airline ticket.
Your signature on the MRA Appearance Request form constitutes a commitment on your part to host Miss Rodeo America at your rodeo or event as per the above stated requirements.
If you have a problem of any kind during the appearance of Miss Rodeo America in your city, call the MRA office at once. We welcome your suggestions and comments because we want this part of our program to be completely satisfactory to you.
CONTACT: Raeana Wadhams, Executive Director
27906 Cumbres, Pueblo, Colorado 81006
Phone: (719)948-9206; Fax (719)948-4760;